We were thrilled to see the amazing turn-out we had at our first Hammond Neighbours Community Party & Free Swim on July 7! Lots of residents dropped by the Hammond Community Centre to connect with neighbours and share their ideas for projects and plans to improve Hammond.
Thank you to everyone who made the day a success:
- MRPM Parks & Leisure Services
- Maple Ridge Thrifty Foods
- Maple Ridge Museum & Archives
- Port Kells Nursery
- Peter Tam and the Open Door Church
- Family Education & Support Centre
- MRPM Arts Council & the ACT Arts Centre & Theatre
- Girl Guides of Canada – Port Hammond District
- Maple Ridge Bicycle Advisory Council
- “Our Neighbourhoods” Initiative
- Ridge Meadows Recycling Society
- Matt Koster & Amanda Pion
Special thanks to Val Patenaude, Lisa Zosiak, & Ron Gordon for their work on Hammond’s Heritage and the RCMP who arrived in full dress uniform!
People are already connecting and planning projects in the areas of Community Building, Neighbourhood Beautification, Heritage Preservation, Community Safety, Family Activities, Sports & Outdoor Activities, Crafts & Arts, and Gardening. We are also connecting via our Facebook group (“Hammond Neighbours”), our mailing list and our brand new website.
It’s so exciting to see Hammond buzzing with ideas and energy!